November 12, 1986 is the birthday of a very dear friend of mine: Garon Neal Shaver.Today, on November 12, 2006 he should be twenty years old, but earlier this year on June 2 he went to be with our Lord. He was in a car accident about 1 mile from his home. He fell asleep at the wheel and flipped his car and was killed on impact.

I miss him so much and to this day it is hard for me to even accept the fact that he is gone! So, I was expecting my day to be very depressing and not so cheery, that's normal. Well, ever since Garon's death, his father has been in church almost every Sunday morning, night, and Wednesday night whereas before, I cannot recall a time I saw him in church since Garon's baptism. It amazes me what God can do through terrible circumstances. We do not understand why God does things a certain way, but I know that God knows much better than I do and I am so glad that He is in control.

I thank God everyday that Garon knew Him and that I have the assuring factor of knowing that one day I will see him in our Heavenly home. That alone excites me! A friend of mine told me one time when an older woman at our church died that was close to all of us something that really put it all into perspective. We were al sad because we didn't think it was time for the people to go that we loved. He said that the important thing to realize is that the are dancing with our Father God in fields of Grace and are so glad that they are out of such a sin-filled world.

I thank God for all His blessings and I encourage anyone who is reading this to tell all of those you love the things you would want them to know before they died.



This entry was posted on 11/12/2006 10:01:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: