So, lately I have been thinking about why we do the things we do. I understand that God gives a choice and we are not forced to live a certain way. I know we all have desires of the flesh and everything but I cannot seem to wrap my head around why we do the things we do when we know where it will lead.

I wrote this poem a couple years ago and I think it is very relevant.

~Wrong Motives~
When I think about the world
and how we live our lives,
I think about our passions
and how we find husbands and wives.
I wonder why we put such importance
on so many trivial and worldly things
when we can only look forward
and know what eternity will bring.
We base our lives on how we look
and who we are with,
when all that really matters is
who our Heavenly Father is...
Popularity, that's a myth!!
We need to realize
that our motives are all wrong
and that the reason for our being
has been evident all along.
He put us here
and He wants us to live for Him,
not by fleshly wants,
but by desires from within.
He put us on this earth
and He grciously died for us,
and He did this even though
it is our nature to lie, kill and lust.
He knows everything we will do,
and everything we have done
but we have a place in Heaven
through His wonderful and Holy Son.
So, we should change our motives
to living for Him alone
and if we do that, in a few years,
we will see how much we've grown.
So trust in the Heavenly Father
and surrender yourself to Him
and the pathway will no longer be lonely
and the light will not be dim.
Today I realized some things...
  • No matter how many times I get frustrated I am constantly reminded of God's perfect timing.
  • LU advisors do not respond to your e-mail in decent timing when you need something.
  • The things you care about the most really are where you spend all your time and what makes you the happiest/most unhappy.


This entry was posted on 11/17/2006 10:25:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: