So, I am really excited about this!! I think all the time about so many things and now I think it will be very good to get it out there!! I only pray that something I have to say will have some affect on someone and will always glorify God!!

So, friends and family are a big part of my life, as well as I am sure they are to anyone. I care a lot about the people I love sometimes I feel, more than myself. I do find on more occassions than I would like though that the people closest to me are the people that tend to hurt me the most.

I know that it happens so often that somone hurts my feelings or does something that seems so mean and maybe even outright hateful. After talking to the person and sorting out the differences, I understand that things happen and I forgive them because I love them and I know they mean well. Well, what if it keeps happening over and over again? Then I start to feel like a lot of it is my fault because by forgiving them I allow it to keep happening.

ANSWER:
~Matthew 18: 21-
21.Then came Peter to him and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? till seven times? 22.Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but until seventy times seven.

Although people hurt us and we naturally want to shut ourselves off from them in order to prevent ourselves from getting hurt again, it is important for us to show God's love and forgive them and allow them to grow and better the relationship.

Think of all the dirty, rotten, and nasty things we have done in our lifetime, everyone makes mistakes. Now think that all of those things are written on a chalkboard (it's gotta be big, I know). Now Jesus sees all of these things and they hurt His heart so badly, but He still makes the decision to wipe the entire slate clean and forgive us of everything. If Jesus can forgive us for all we have done in our entire lifetime, how can we deny anyone forgiveness?

A good thing to remember is...
~The grudges that we keep are equal to the
distance between our hearts and God's heart. ~

The more distance we put between ourselves and fellow Christians, the more distance we put between our hearts and God's heart. It is like the spokes on a bicycle wheel. In the center of the wheel, all the spokes are so close, they almost touch and in effect, they protect each other. However, the farther away from the center the spokes get, the farther away from each other they get. They are more vulnerable when they are separated. Remember that people make mistakes and big ones at that but if you keep a grudge against someone, you are pushing yourself away from God.

~FoRgIvE~


This entry was posted on 11/02/2006 09:47:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    David Jacks said...

    That is extremely funny, but I'm glad that you found my blog...cause it led me to yours. Another ironic similarity, we have the same layout...but your letter colors are much cooler!

  1. ... on 11:53 AM  
  2. Robin Huffman said...

    I have had a hard time forgiving someone...It's especially hard when the person you need to forgive doesn't ask for it because he doesn't care...I know i must because God cannot forgive me for the things ive done....God has changed my heart in the last year in a half for the better and im finding it easier every day to be happy again. New church, new friends..I know God puts us where he wants us to be for a reason whether we want to be there or not..I now know why God has put me where i am and i am slowly adjusting and starting to love where i am today. I still have bitterness and it is slowly going away too...i still want to hurt the people who hurt me, but praise God i have had the chances too in the last couple of weeks and by the grace of God i have refrained..and thats why i know im gonna be ok.

  3. ... on 8:02 PM