So, this summer has pretty much been the most up and down summer I can remember ever experiencing. On on hadn there are so many amazing things happening and such happiness in my friends’ lives that I am overcome with happiness and sheer delight for them. On the other hand, (this hand is not a nice hand by the way) I have been dealt many obstacles and tough trials. Early on in the summer, my truck started having fits. Literally, it would start when it wanted to start. So, our mechanic fixed it or so we thought. $314 later, my truck got me home, but no farther. Normally it would be as simple of a fix as taking the truck back over to our mechanic’s house…not so this time around. He and his family were going ona vacation…an almost three week long vacation indeed. So I go without a vehicle for over a month even after spending a buttload of money on it. So, when he returns, he finally gets it fixed and I am able to drive it after spending over $500 total. So, my truck is fixed and I can drive…YAY! Then, sadly, my 96 year old great-grandmother who has been living with us for some time passes away. A very sad time for our family because although we know we will see her again and that she is in heaven and no longer suffering, the last matriarch of out family is no longer with us. Another issue I have been dealing with and sharing plenty on this blog is the Nursing school issue. My heart is completely devoted to going to school to become a nurse and there have been so many things getting in the way and often causing me to doubt. Well, the day I return to work from being gone for the funeral, I am notified by e-mail in a one sentence inconsideration that I was not accepted to the Fall 2009 Nursing program. I should be receiving a letter explaining the reason(s) behind my denial. So, needless to say, I am pretty much done with this summer and ready for my favorite season (Fall) to show it’s beautiful face. The things I mentioned in this post are only the major things that have gone on, there are other things that have been just bumps to add to the difficulty. So while I am super excited that one of my best friends just got engaged and I am going to be her maid of honor and there are so many festivities to take part in and that oy other best friend is about to have her second baby, a little boy, it is not easy for me to put on that “I’m ok” face. My friends are very supportive, and I do have some wonderful friends. I am at the point now where I don’t know what the next step is. Especially regarding school, I feel I have done evertything possible to work my butt off and get my grades back and up and get all of the admissions information in early but nothing helps.
The one thing I can hold fast to is that my God is holding me close and He is not going to let me fall. Although I may feel as though He is farther away from me than ever at times, I have faith that He is working the things in my life together for good. Job was tested so much harder than I am and he was still able to praise God and glorify His name. I can only hope that if things get worse and harder times come upon me that I will be like Job and my heart will draw closer to the heart of Christ, where I can truly find comfort.


This entry was posted on 7/23/2009 09:02:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: